Polycarbonate is a very versatile durable plastic, which provides great strength at a light weight.
A variety of adhesives and adhesive thicknesses are available in combination with polycarbonate to custom manufacture graphic overlays, decals, nameplates, faceplates, control panels, and labels.
In addition to its use in second surface printing such as with graphic overlays, it is used as a laminate to protect labels which are screen printed or digitally printed.
Polycarbonate in thicknesses from 5 mil to 20 mil is available in stock.
Benefits of using Polycarbonate:
- Great optical clarity or clearness
- Mechanical strength
- Easily printable
- Low moisture absorption
- Puncture resistance
- Heat resistant
- Dimensionally stable
- Good chemical resistance
- Good abrasion and mar resistance
- Good dielectric properties
- Wide thermal stability range
- Excellent color reproduction
- Easily embossed
- Clean edges when die cut
- Various finishes hide scratches well
- Medical grades available which meet FDA regulations
- Anti-Fog available
- Outdoor versions which provide UV resistance and resist yellowing
- Hardcoat available which improves the materials ability to resist abrasion
- Superior as an insulator
- Flame retardant versions are available, recognized by UL, which help insulate against heat and are RoHS, REACH, and WEEE 2006 compliant. Provide heat and dielectric shielding.
- Non-halogenated versions which do not contain chlorine or bromine are available
Many textures are available including (Front Texture listed first/Back or Printed Texture listed second):
- Polished/Fine Matte